Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Valentines Day Tiny Banner

For some reason I love tiny things.  Like tiny tea party play cookies, and tiny babies...everything seems so cute when it is tiny.  With Valentines Day just around the corner, I thought we could kick off the month of February with a tiny Valentines Banner...similar to the Halloween Paper Lantern Banner from October!


Sewn Paper Banners are so much fun to make because they are so fast and easy!
Fast and Easy is a killer combination.

What you will need:
Cute Paper cut into the shapes you want to use
Sewing Machine
Coordinating Thread
Coordinating Ribbon (optional)

Step 1: Cut your paper into tiny shapes.
Pennants, Hearts, Circles...

Step 2: Arrange your banner before you start to sew,
decide on a design!  

Step 3: Stack your shapes if you would like the "paper" lantern look!  

Step 4: Start Sewing! Remember to sew VERY slow.  Paper is really easy to sew, but also very easy to rip.  I like to leave a small space between each shape.

Step 5: Once you have sewn your banner...
you can open your heart {or any shape} lanterns! 


Step 6 (opt): Sew two small ribbon loops to each end for hanging. 
Now you can hang your banner!



This tiny banner could be yours!
Post a Comment below and a winner will be chosen Friday at 5:00 PST!

Happy Early Valentines Day!
Cheers, 


5 comments:

somethingcoolerthan said...

I would love to have that adorable banner! I kinda lack in sewing skills so it would take a while for me to master this cute banner.

M.M.M. said...

You know of my affinity for banners! Love you!

Bug said...

I adore tiny items as well. This banner is so cute and perfect for a little Valentine's flare.
Love your ideas!

Kris C. said...

Very cute! If I don't win it, I might just have to make one!

Jen @ frazzled 5 said...

Love this little jewel! I would have never thought to run the paper through the sewing machine! You are awesome Pepper!