Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mod Podge Photo Questions and Answers

First, I updated a few steps on the Mod Podge Photo Canvas tutorial to sound less confusing. Please send any more questions to thesassypepper@gmail.com.

Question 1: What kind of photo paper did you use?

I had my photo's printed through Costco Photo. You can actually upload them online and pick them up the same day! Fast and convenient. Any professional photo printing will do. You might even try some online sites like Snapfish or Shutterfly.

ATTENTION: Do not try to use photo's printed from home. The ink doesn't set enough and the colors will run. Also, make sure the print size is equal to or larger than your canvas size if you want the canvas fully covered with a darling photo. For the 12 x 12 canvas I printed in size 12 x 18 inches.

Question 2: What is the wax paper for?
In Sassy's original tutorial, she used was paper for placing the image on to dry face down overnight . This prevents bubbling and the canvas won't stick to the wax paper.

In my tutorial I simply used it for applying Mod Podge to the back of the photo. I just tore off a sheet of regular wax paper and used it like a painters cloth under my project. I didn't want the photo to get damaged, or to get Mod Podge all over. You can use a paper towel or just paper if you prefer.

Keep the questions coming!
Also, keep checking back. Sassy and I have some exciting news for a GINORMOUS giveaway project we will be hosting early December.

Cheers,



5 comments:

Elen Visto-Bragg said...

Where can I buy the pre stretched canvass?

Momma Nee said...

Does the finish of the Mod Podge matter?

Momma Nee said...

Does the finish of the Mod Podge matter?

Anonymous said...

Hi! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this write-up to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!
Also visit my web blog ; goproaccessories.net/gopro_pole_mount.html

Ajay Watt said...

Thank you Thank you for having this up!!! I will be using this forever!!!!